Since 1947, the Public Relations Society of America has advanced the standards of the public relations profession and provided members with professional development opportunities through continuing education, information exchange, and research projects conducted on the national and local level. More than 20,000 members strong, organized in 114 chapters, PRSA is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals.
Alongside the Northwest Arkansas community, so goes our PRSA chapter, full of life and vigorous development. We have one of the fastest growing chapters in the nation – a dynamic assembly of seasoned veterans, spokespeople and communications specialists from major corporations, recent graduates new to careers, private consultants, agency representatives, researchers and non-profit leaders.
Expand your professional and networking opportunities and join us for the next monthly meeting. We look forward to greeting you.
2015 Chapter President
· Event: Special breakfast meeting and presentation
· Date: Tuesday, Nov. 17
· Time: 7:30-9 a.m.
· Place: Tyson Foods corporate auditorium, 2200 W. Don Tyson Parkway, Springdale, Ark.
· Cost: PRSA Members, $20; Guests, $25
· Program: Register today to hear Scott Monty, an internationally recognized leader in digital communications, social media, and marketing. He was ranked by The Economist as number 1 atop the list of 25 Social Business Leaders and by Forbes as one of the top 10 influencers in social media. From 2008-2014, Scott was global head of social media at Ford Motor Company. In this function he advised activities across the company, from influencer relations to marketing support, customer service to internal communications & more.
With another decade of experience in communications and marketing agencies, Scott has advised clients that include IBM Healthcare& Life Sciences, Coca-Cola, American Airlines, T-Mobile, GE Software and more. Scott is a member of the board of directors of the American Marketing Association and an advisor for RPM Ventures, Crowd Companies and My Dealer Service. He has been featured in hundreds of news and business publications in print and on the web, in dozens of books, and on a variety of mainstream media, including NBC, NPR, CNN and The Wall Street Journal.
· Register at http://bit.ly/1PX53Mc.
Building Professionalism Through PRSA
The Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is the leading organization for public relations professionals in the area committed to unifying, strengthening and advancing the profession.
We are dedicated to enhancing the practice of public relations by promoting the professionalism of our members and fostering awareness of our contributions to the public good.
We do this by:
• Empowering public relations professionals to realize their full potential;
• Promoting the highest standards of excellence, professional competence and ethics;
• Creating a collegial environment for professionals to network and mentor one another;
• Providing professional development and educational opportunities; and
• Building understanding and support for public relations throughout the community.
Get on the inside track to a bright future. PRSA provides what you need at any level of your career.