Since 1947, the Public Relations Society of America has advanced the standards of the public relations profession and provided members with professional development opportunities through continuing education, information exchange, and research projects conducted on the national and local level. More than 20,000 members strong, organized in 114 chapters, PRSA is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals.
Alongside the Northwest Arkansas community, so goes our PRSA chapter, full of life and vigorous development. We have one of the fastest growing chapters in the nation – a dynamic assembly of seasoned veterans, spokespeople and communications specialists from major corporations, recent graduates new to careers, private consultants, agency representatives, researchers and non-profit leaders.
Expand your professional and networking opportunities and join us for the next monthly meeting. We look forward to greeting you.
2015 Chapter President
· Event: Chapter meeting
· Date: Monday, Aug. 31
· Time: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Place: Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce, 506 Enterprise Drive, Suite 102, Lowell
· Cost: $15 for PRSA members, free for non-members.
· Program: Join us as we welcome Denise Garner, founder/president, and Ken Patterson, executive director of Feed Communities, who will provide an overview of the organization and talk about PR/Communications challenges they are currently facing.
Attendees will then break out into groups for a working session to create communications plans to help their team raise awareness and fulfill their mission to bring healthy food access to Northwest Arkansas.
This program is for anyone who…
· Would like to learn how to create a communications plan using the 4-step process;
· Seasoned professionals who are willing to lend their expertise to a great cause;
· Is interested in PRSA and would like an opportunity to meet members and learn more.
· Supports the mission of Feed Communities;
· RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Aug. 28.
Building Professionalism Through PRSA
The Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is the leading organization for public relations professionals in the area committed to unifying, strengthening and advancing the profession.
We are dedicated to enhancing the practice of public relations by promoting the professionalism of our members and fostering awareness of our contributions to the public good.
We do this by:
• Empowering public relations professionals to realize their full potential;
• Promoting the highest standards of excellence, professional competence and ethics;
• Creating a collegial environment for professionals to network and mentor one another;
• Providing professional development and educational opportunities; and
• Building understanding and support for public relations throughout the community.
Get on the inside track to a bright future. PRSA provides what you need at any level of your career.