Communications Coordinator at Sunshine School & Development Center.
The Communications Coordinator will create and implement marketing, public relations, and advertising to increase the awareness of programs and services of Sunshine School to our Northwest Arkansas community. The Communication Coordinator will oversee all internal and external communications, including event communication, marketing materials, media relations, social media, print communications, and electronic communications.
As part of the development team, everyone is responsible for meeting annual campaign and department goals. The position requires the ability to work long hours and weekends as needed for community outreach events, special events, and campaigns.
Position Responsibilities and Tasks
- Protect the brand identity for Sunshine School & Development Center by assuring consistency throughout all internal and external communications, including printed material, promotional items, and media.
- Maintain flyers, fact sheets, brochures, and other materials for distribution for all programs.
- Create a marketing plan to educate the NWA public about the programs and services provided by Sunshine School utilizing print media, social media, and traditional media outlets.
- Develop and maintain website content to communicate information for those seeking services, current families served, existing and potential employees, and existing and potential donors.
- Create three printed newsletters, one annual report, and a monthly e-newsletter annually. Determine appropriate content for each issue and coordinate with graphic designer and appropriate departments for content.
- Work with appropriate departments to design and implement marketing opportunities to physicians and clinics who may refer clients to Sunshine School.
- Develop earned media opportunities for Sunshine School related to our programs, new personnel, special achievements and awards, special recognition of our staff, board members and volunteers.
- Issue press releases as needed related to programs, educational information, community awareness and outreach events, and special events.
- Manage all aspects of media for all Sunshine School special events, including social media, print advertising, television appearances, PSAs, and post-event coverage.
- Coordinate the video production for spotlight stories to be used at events and other marketing opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Philanthropy on grant writing activities, specifically developing grant narratives and cases for support.
- Play an active role in creating donation appeal letters, stewardship mailings, and donor acknowledgment letters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or higher Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field or 3-5 years of communications or marketing experience.
- High energy and passion for the Sunshine School & Development Center.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Sarah Pollack at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, July 19, 2018.
Director of Communications and Public Affairs at San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA), TX
The San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA) has provided housing opportunities to San Antonio residents for over 80 years and is among the largest housing authorities in the nation. SAHA, created in 1937, is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor of the City of San Antonio to staggered two-year terms. The agency is committed to serving individuals and families by providing and preserving public housing units, creating a safer and healthier environment, and improving the quality of life for more than 65,000 residents. SAHA owns and manages approximately 6,000 public housing units and administers more than 12,400 federal Housing Choice (Section 8) rental assistance vouchers. SAHA has 489 employees and an annual operating budget of $176 million, with a capital budget of $14 million.
The Director of Communications and Public Affairs reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for managing strategic and operational communications planning and implementation for agency communications through public affairs, digital, and social media programs. The Director supervises four staff and serves as the liaison with the Public Housing Authority (PHA) industry and a variety of local partners.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field with a high-level knowledge of media relations; Master’s degree in Communications or Public Affairs is preferred. At least five (5) years of combined experience in leadership functions of communications, public relations, digital communications, social media, and/or community relations is required. The starting salary range is $90,000 – $100,000; starting salary will be based upon the knowledge and experience of the individual selected. SAHA offers an attractive benefits package.
How to Apply
Resume review will begin July 9, 2018; position is open until filled. To apply, visit www.srnsearch.com and apply online. If you have questions, contact S. Renée Narloch, President, S. Renée Narloch & Associates, 850.391.0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed brochure is available at www.srnsearch.com. SAHA is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer. In accordance with Texas’ broad Public Records Laws, applications and resumes are subject to public disclosure.
Social Media & Content Manager at Marlin Network
The Social Media & Content Manager is responsible for the development and execution of cross-channel social content plans, which requires a solid understanding of social platforms and experience managing paid and organic social marketing campaigns. This position must heavily utilize concept & copywriting skills to collaborate with creative content producers, as well as execute & report on social media efforts. We are seeking a candidate that has experience working with multiple brands in the social media marketing space. The Social Media & Content Manager reports to the PR Director and will work closely with members of the Integrated Communication and Planning teams as well as account service counterparts. Client industries include: Foodservice, Hospitality, Retail.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage clients’ social media presence ongoing.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data and research best ways to increase traffic and engagement.
- Plan paid social media advertising strategies and budgets.
- Manage industry event, owned and earned media calendars that align with social updates.
- Lead content strategy with creative team to create timely and engaging content optimized for each platform and intended audience.
- Work alongside PR team members to generate storytelling content (i.e. press releases, owned blog/e-newsletter articles, sponsored editorial, industry event content).
- Amplify clients’ thought leadership positioning at industry events through social media.
- Repurpose content for multiple mediums (owned, earned and paid) to maximize investment.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content daily (original text, images, video and HTML).
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies.
- Research top influencers, competitors and trends in clients’ industries.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs and listening to podcasts.
- Write social media & content marketing related blog posts on Marlin Network website based on research, experience and relevant social media news.
- Actively participate & contribute to social competitive analyses, audits, content strategy and content creation.
- Engage in social listening to monitor client pages for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client.
- Dig into social tools native to the platform, as well as learning new advanced social tools and reporting on basic social KPIs. Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communication or other related field.
- 3-5 years of social media marketing experience (account management experience preferred)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software.
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Must be well-organized with exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills + ability to present to clients.
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision + able to collaborate with a team.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is ideal.
- Passionate about content marketing, social media, our clients’ businesses, the evolving digital world and where social media fits in the path to purchase.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should contact Amber Hensley at email@example.com.
Position Corporate Communications Director
Company First Horizon National Corporation
Location Memphis, TN
Reports To Candace Steele Flippin, Executive Vice President, Chief Communications Officer
About First Horizon
First Horizon National Corporation is a diversified financial institution offering regional banking, wealth management, and capital market services through our extensive family of First Horizon Companies. Established by Frank S. Davis in March 1864, we are Memphis’ first national bank and the nation’s 14th oldest bank charter.
Since our landmark opening 154 years ago, we have grown to become the market share leader in Tennessee with average trading volumes in excess of $5 billion per day. At approximately 6,000 employees and counting, our family of companies comprises the fourth largest regional bank in the southeast with $40 billion in assets and more than 300 branches in eight southern states.
Corporate Communications Director Role
First Horizon National Corporation is seeking a forward-thinking leader to aid in the favorable evolution of our corporate reputation. This role is ideal for seasoned public relations professionals with a breadth of experience that encompasses a combination of both in-house and agency experience. Strong financial literacy and background is desirable.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for the promotion of FHN’s corporate identity through collaboration with the Chief Communications Officer as well as other members of the communications staff. Corporate Communications Director will also be responsible for coalescing with other members of senior leadership and serving as counsel for PR related issues. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: implementation of crisis communications plans, serving as an effective company spokesperson when necessary, and leading media strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the Chief Communications Officer to evolve and promote the corporate narrative working with key stakeholders across the organization.
• Develop and execute the corporate communications plan with a heavy focus on public relations initiatives to drive corporate reputation.
• Develop appropriate corporate social responsibility goals and metrics and process for measuring the company performance with respect to corporate citizenship. Designs and executes on partnerships that address issues of strategic alignment and importance.
• Collaborate with corporate and non-profit partners. Align internal resources. Monitor and report on progress.
• Drive awareness for First Horizon National Corporation via proactive story placement in media outlets. Identify key milestones and other news making opportunities and determine strategies to elevate them.
• Oversee executive thought leadership campaigns including placing executive profiles, bylines and high-level speaker placements.
• Lead media strategy around quarterly earnings and financial announcements.
• Develop strong and trusted relationships with members of the senior leadership team and act as counsel for PR related manners.
• Prepare key spokespeople for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
• Steer company’s news agenda and calendar, working with other members of Communications team.
• Produce key messages, press releases, one-pagers, presentations/keynotes, Q&As, case studies, thought leadership pieces, bylined articles, executive briefing materials, and other communications.
• Collaborate closely with other members of the communications team for a highly collaborative and effective corporate PR plan.
• Act as an effective company spokesperson with press as needed.
• Implement crisis communications plan and guide external communications around unplanned issues affecting the company.
• Advise the leadership on best practices with respect to corporate citizenship. Understand the strategies, policies and programs of other companies.
• Remain informed of current trends and results of new approaches to social impact.
• 10-15 YEARS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED; no more, no less. Ideally a combination of in-house and PR agency.
• Experience supporting earnings announcements and associated media relations.
• M&A (mergers and acquisitions) experience.
• Strong roster of relationships with the business and financial media.
• Experience working at a public company is required.
• Ability to foster strong relationships with key executives and act as counsel in corporate PR matters.
• Passion for social media platforms.
• Familiarity with PESO model.
• Positive and collaborative personality; a commitment to ensuring all activities undertaken are as successful as possible.
• Outstanding oral and written communication and editing skills with a proven talent for storytelling and shaping perception.
• Good judgment and calm composure particularly in high-pressure times.
• Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential.
• Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities.
• Crisis communications experience.
• Proven track record of creative programs executed to meet business objectives.
• Experience advising corporate leaders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or other related fields.
• Master’s degree preferred (but not required).
Working at First Horizon National Corporation
At First Horizon National Corporation, our culture is part of what makes us unique. We prize our ability to combine our progressive vision with our philosophy of putting employees first. We call this ability Firstpower. In order to keep this ability and our company strong, we have to evolved to remain competitive as both an employer and a financial services provider. We are proud of our accomplishments, accolades and our values.
Be the best at serving our customers, one opportunity at a time.
• Accountability – I ask questions, raise issues and see things to completion.
• Adaptability – I champion change because I know we must evolve to succeed.
• Integrity – I exercise judgment and understanding to do the right thing.
• Relationships – I work inclusively with colleagues to serve customers, strengthen communities and reward shareholders.
We are honored by the recognition we have received for our commitment in the areas of: community service, diversity and family-friendly work environments. Below is a short list of just some of our awards.
• America’s Best Midsize Employers List (Forbes, 2018)
• Top 50 Companies for Executive Women (National Association for Female Executives, 2009 and 2012-2018)
• Best Workplaces for Women (Fortune, 2017)
• Best Companies for Multicultural Women (Working Mother Magazine, 2017)
• Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (Bloomberg, 2018)
• Best Bank to Work For (American Banker, 2013-2017)
• Best Bank (Best in Black Awards, Tri-State Defender, 2017)
• Top Workplaces (Commercial Appeal, 2014-2017)
• Best Workplaces for Diversity (Fortune, 2017)
• Best Workplaces for Parents (Fortune, 2017)
• 2015 Communitas Awards (Excellence in Community Service for First Tennessee Foundation’s 150 Days of Giving)
• Healthier Tennessee Workplace (Gov. Bill Haslam’s health and wellness initiative, 2014)
Tell us why you are a great fit for First Horizon National Corporation. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Strategic Communications and Stewardship
The Razorback Foundation, Inc. (“Foundation”), an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, raises private gift support in furtherance of the educational and athletic endeavors of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department. Through the generosity of our members and benefactors, the Foundation provides financial support for scholarships, facilities, and various programs of the Athletic Department that enable Razorback student-athletes to receive an outstanding college education while participating in athletics on a nationally competitive level in the nation’s premier athletic conference.
The Director of Strategic Communications and Stewardship will be a vital member of the Razorback Foundation team and will develop creative and innovative direct and indirect strategic communications with members and prospective members, create opportunities to develop and engage existing and prospective members at individual and organizational levels, develop and implement storytelling and digital platforms to advance the Foundation’s mission, and strengthen and enhance the Razorback Foundation brand through strategic initiatives. This position will report to the Executive Director or his designee and collaborate extensively with the Foundation’s fundraising team.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop, implement, and execute a comprehensive communications plan using all available media to fulfill the Foundation’s mission and strategic plan, including, but not limited to, creating and executing plans to expand the Foundation’s current membership; to retain all existing Foundation members and manage stewardship initiatives for all members; and to follow-up after events with prospective members;
- Responsible for the creative development of first-class publications and collateral materials, including, but not limited to, storytelling and the impact of private gift support on Razorback Athletics, the Annual Fund brochure, email and text messaging, gift acknowledgements, video projects, and infographics among other communication pieces;
- Create content, manage, and grow all current social media and develop new digital platforms and initiatives to engage existing members and to acquire new members (including, for example and without limitation, managing Mobile Cause texting program, digital publications, digital apps, and other digital initiatives); use data analytics to measure the efficacy and the return on investment of each initiative and platform;
- Create and develop opportunities for membership engagement as well as strategies for strengthening the Razorback Foundation brand;
- Manage and oversee the Foundation’s website and ensure content stays updated and effectively engages prospective and existing members of all generations;
- Create, implement, and execute a first-class annual fund and major gift stewardship program;
- Develop and maintain collegial and productive working relationships with Foundation members, the University of Arkansas Athletic Department, the University of Arkansas Advancement Division (including the Office of Special Events), the Arkansas Alumni Association, and other key stakeholders to advance the mission and best interests of the Foundation;
- Assist in the execution of Foundation special events and all game day fundraising activities, including any pre-game and/or postseason events, and attend various Razorback athletic events;
- Knowledge of Foundation membership level requirements to assist existing and prospective donors with seating options in all venues, assist with game day stewardship opportunities and experiences, and provide general office assistance as needed, including phone and email support.
Required and Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred;
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in communications and/or public relations, intercollegiate and development/fundraising preferred;
- Excellent and efficient skills in writing (including a strong understanding of AP Style), editing, organizational, and design (print, desktop, publishing, web) including knowledge in Adobe Design Suite products (e.g., In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.);
- Understanding of how media works and good media relationships preferred;
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of digital and social media for effective communication;
- Proven experience with marketing automation tools preferred;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, assess and order priorities, and track details in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of motivation, assertiveness, and ability to work independently;
- Ability to see, hear, speak, maintain cognitive function at a high level and engage in physical activities necessary to help set-up and tear down events as needed, including the ability to lift 15 pounds;
- Must work well with other Foundation team members and be member service oriented, work normal and/or non-traditional hours as needed, and travel when necessary; and
- Possess a working knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Email your resume, including references, and submit a portfolio of your professional work product, including examples of graphics, press releases, feature stories, social media posts (including performance metrics and results) and websites to HR@razorbackfoundation.com.