Getting involved with committees is a great way to connect with members, enhance skills and leadership experience, support students and other engagement opportunities. To find out how you can serve on our committees, email NWAPRSA@gmail.com.
The Accreditation Committee supports Northwest Arkansas (NWA) Chapter members who want to obtain the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) designation.
- Promote APR, mentor candidates, supply preparation materials, coordinate logistics and serve on readiness review panels
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Committee supports PRSSA chapters at NWA colleges and universities to help prepare them for entry in the public relations profession.
- Coordinate resume/portfolio reviews, class presentations, host events to provide professional development and networking opportunities
The Communications Committee notifies members about chapter activities.
- Update web content, distribute enewsletters and post social media content
The Membership Committee is focused on the sustainability and growth of the chapter through member recruitment and retention. The committee places equal emphasis on attracting new members, reinforcing the value of membership for all through meaningful benefits and positive member experiences, and encouraging continued growth and development through leadership positions.
- Identify diverse member prospects, inform Communications Committee about membership promotions and promote the value of membership
- Contact new members, help them feel welcome and make connections with other members
- Consider planning receptions or other recruiting and membership events
- Contact lapsed members to encourage continued membership
- Encourage member engagement in committees and leadership positions
The Program Committee works with the board to establish the annual meeting calendar and meeting presentations, as well as select program locations and menus.
- Coordinate program topics, speakers, locations, menus, on-site support and other logistics
- Supply Communications Committee with speaker background and other event information